Spekciton® Biosciences has been awarded the following grants:
Awarded University of Delaware Spin In® Grant to lead a interdisciplinary team to develop and market a novel potable water contamination sensor.
Team: chemistry, IT, engineering, business, marketing, design, UD Environment and Earth Sciences Dept and Wesley College (Chemistry Dept)
- new technology offerings (deep UV sensor)
- meet a critical market need (improved water safety)
- mentor /collaborate with university students in business and technical skills for a new product, and
- enable and increase Delaware employment opportunities by launching a high value adding engineering measurement business.
Awarded University of Delaware Phase 1 CAT R&D Grant (Center for Advanced Technology) Advance Research to:
- Develop a novel optical inspection system (OIS) to detect crop pathogen contamination.
* Both these grants involve collaboration with UDel Ag Plant and Soil scientists and microbiologists and two business partners (Videometer A/S and Photon Systems Inc) to develop a deep UV multispectral imaging sensor and demonstrate feasibility development.
Awarded State of Delaware Entrepreneur Training Grant – 1 Million by 1 Million – training with a serial entrepreneur (Sramana Mitra)
See our Projects page for information on other projects in development.